Every element of this renowned cutlery contributes to its precision and ease of use. The high-carbon stainless steel blades are hardened to maintain a sharp edge and full tangs provide perfect balance with riveted, high-impact composition handles. Classic Carving Set includes a 8-in. Slicing Knife and 6-in. Straight Fork, ideal for serving succulent cuts of roast lamb, turkey, beef, ham and pork. Use it for cutting apart and serving ribs right off the barbecue. It’s a handy set, no matter how you slice it. Prized possessions of professional chefs, Wusthof knives are an invaluable asset of any kitchen. In Solingen, Germany, each piece is hand-forged in 38 manufacturing steps by skilled craftsmen. Wusthof’s newest state of the art technology incorporates a new computer controlled method for putting the edge on Classic knives. This technology allows for an exacting edge from the tip of the knife down to the heel of the knife. With this newer precision, the knives are made sharper to 14 degrees per side for a total of 28 degrees. The knives are now sharper and this refinement increases the sharpness retention because exacting angles and edges last longer than edges sharpened by hand. The result is a knife that is 30% sharper and the ICP (Initial Cutting Performance) lasts twice as long..
- 2-piece carving set with 8-inch slicing knife and 6-inch fork for slicing turkey, ham, or pork roasts
- Stain-resistant, high-carbon steel blade retains its sharp edge over time
- Triple-riveted synthetic Hostaform-C handles are designed for comfort
- Weighted bolster and full tang; hand wash for best results
- Made in Germany; limited lifetime warranty