This classic manual sharpener is designed by Taylor’s Eye Witness, which was established in 1883. This full metal manual sharpener is manufactured in Sheffield England and is the finest pull through sharpener on the market. This unique design is on permanent display at the New York Museum of Modern Art. At the heart of the machines are two butcher steels; the same hardness, temper and cut as a professional steel. The steels are preset at the optimum angle and are spring loaded so as not to damage the knife.The steels revolve under tension and do not wear away the blade. To use, wipe the blade clean, draw the knife between the steel rods 4 or 5 times, as if slicing, and using enough pressure to rotate the steels. Use the Chantry frequently, preferably before each time a knife is used. The Chantry manual sharpener is not recommended for fine edge knives or Japanese knives.
- Pull-through knife sharpener in white combines modern style with everyday functionality
- Reproduces the action of a butcher’s steel with spring loaded steel rods
- To use, draw the knife between the steel rod 4 or 5 times using enough pressure to rotate the steels
- Made in Sheffield, England; on permanent display in New York Museum of Modern Art
- Replacement steels available; not recommended for fine edge elite knives or Japanese knives