The Shun Classic 5 Piece Knife Block Set contains four of our popular knives: a 3.5″ Paring Knife, 6″ Utility Knife, 8″ Chef’s Knife. Additionally, the set includes one Honing Steel to hone blades between professional sharpening and a Shun 11-Slot Bamboo Block to hold it all beautifully, within easy reach. Shun Classic knife blades are made with solid VG10 super steel and feature a razor-sharp 16 degree cutting angle on each side. The ebony D-Shape PakkaWood® handles have that sleek, sophisticated look that makes these knives feel more like art, than instrument, and are specifically designed for premium applications. The specially shaped handles rest perfectly in the curve of the fingers, for a more secure grip while handles remain moisture resistant. The bolster is ground out more on the right side for proper finger placement, as well as balancing the knives perfectly. Precision blades and handle engineering mean long-lasting use and comfort-no matter how large or small you kitchen prep may be. Crafted in Seki City Japan, our Shun Classics are forged in the tradition of samurai sword making. These heirloom quality knives will be a prized treasure you’ll want to pass down to family for generations.
- 5 Piece Classic Block Set by Shun
- 5-Piece Block Set contains 3 essential knives: a 3.5″ Paring, 6″ Utility, 8″ Chefs, one Honing Steel and 11-slot bamboo block
- Precision-forged high-carbon stainless-steel blade; holds a razor-sharp edge
- Knives are clad with16 layers of stainless steel to produce a rust-free Damascus look
- Durable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; comfortable offset steel bolster for comfortable grip to reduce fatigue