Essential Tools for the Home Chef
At R.L. Bücher, we believe having the right tool is essential for any job, and when it comes to the kitchen and cooking, owning a quality chef and paring knife is a must. Use the chef knife for the heavy work of chopping, slicing, mincing, carving, and butchering larger cuts. The paring knife with its smaller blade is ideal for more intricate tasks like peeling, filleting, trimming, de-seeding, and garnishing. Attractively packaged together with gifting in mind, this set is ideal for the professional and serious home chef alike.
Premium Materials, Craftsmanship, and Design
A quality product starts with its components, and with knives it’s all about the steel. The precision forged high carbon German stainless steel is strong, resilient, stain resistant, and holds a razor-sharp edge for all cutting tasks. The knives are full tang construction with one piece of steel running from tip to end cap, offering balance and strength. Tempering improves durability. Edges are hand-sharpened to 16-18° per side, an optimal angle for both sharpness and resilience. Tapered edges facilitate the rocking motion used during chopping and dicing tasks. Half bolsters provide the right heft and balance while offering an area to pinch grip the blade. Blade height is lowered slightly to improve maneuverability and reduce fatigue. The handles are ergonomically designed and engineered to offer the most comfortable grip. G10 is the benchmark knife handle material. It is incredibly strong, won’t fade or crack, and is non-porous by nature, making it easy to clean and sanitize.
A Great Gifting Opportunity
Attractively packaged together in a magnetically latched box, this set is a thoughtful gift idea. Consider for weddings, house warming, first apartments, and college students. Aspiring cooks and seasoned chefs alike will appreciate the quality and refinement of this boxed knife set.
- High Carbon German Stainless Steel rated at 56-58 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale provides strength and durability
- Full Tang Tempered Construction and hand sharpening at 16-18° per side offer balance, durability, and edge retention
- G10 Military Grade Handle is non-porous, triple riveted, and provides resilience, strength and comfort
- German Design reduces fatigue during chopping and dicing, half bolsters offer balance and area to pinch grip the blade
- Two Professional Kitchen Knives crafted with premium materials, packaged together in a display box ideal for gifting