We call this our “Essentials” set for a reason: Armed with these four small kitchen knives, avid cooks and kitchen novices alike are ready to take on almost any job in the kitchen. Our set of four knives includes a peeler, a vegetable knife, a serrated knife, and a paring knife, each with a stainless steel blade and a European beech wood handle.
Product Care Instructions:
Hand wash and dry
The stainless steel blades are naturally resistant to corrosion and do not need special care, but the knives should not be left in damp or wet conditions, or left submerged in water, for extended periods of time
Our Essentials kit is made in Chambéry, France. The wooden handle is made from sustainably harvested beechwood. Ninety-five percent of the wood we use for all of our Opinel knives comes from sustainably managed French forests, and we reuse wood shavings generated during our production process to heat our facility in colder months.
- The essentials collection is the 4 must-have knives for any kitchen. Includes Paring, Serrated, Vegetable, and Peeler Knives
- The stationary vegetable peeler works for both left- and right-handed cooks. The “Bird’s beak” vegetable knife is ideal for intricate cutting and finish work.
- Features comfortable Mediterranean Olive Wood handles
- Opinel’s stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Each blade is stamped with the “Crowned Hand” mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.