A New Approach to Knife Sharpening
Pocket knife sharpener uses a radically new sharpening technique, borrowed from high-tech CNC metal machining. Two extremely hard man-made tungsten carbide sharpeners are ground to a specialized, precision shape and mounted on spring-action bars. This patented system will cut precise factory bevel (12 to 20 deg), then polish and align the bevel to a razor edge. No other sharpening technique will cut a factory bevel as quickly, or re-align and polish an edge without removing metal. Light pressure cuts a more delicate but extremely sharp 12 degree bevel, perfect for fine slicing or filleting. Firm pressure cuts a sturdy 20 degree bevel
Get out of the Grind
Traditional knife sharpening uses a series of natural or man-made abrasives to grind away metal and then hone to create a sharp edge. Hand sharpening on multiple stones takes time, equipment, practice and a lot of patience. Inexpensive pull through sharpeners with abrasives short cut this process with disappointing results. Edges can be rough and scratched, while fine abrasives are quickly embedded with metal dust becoming ineffective. Sharpening angle is fixed. High quality and serrated blades can be ruined.
Brod and Taylor’s patented system uses precision sharpeners with two edges. The “leading edge” of the sharper is ground to a sharp corner, cutting a smooth bevel on a metal blade with a few quick strokes. The “trailing edge” is ground with a small, smooth bevel that re-aligns and smooths the edge into shape like a well-controlled chef’s steel. It only takes seconds to realign a blade and maintain a sharp knife.
Sharpening Serrated Knives
Serrated knives present a real challenge to nearly every sharpening technique. The pocket knife sharpener is able to re-align and hone the entire beveled knife edge without damaging the flat side. By angling the knife to one side, the spring-loaded sharpening surface hugs the surface of each serration.
- FASTEST AND EASIEST WAY TO SHARPEN ANY KNIFE WITH SUPERIOR USA PATENTED TECHNOLOGY. Radically new pocket knife sharpener is the best way to sharpen dull knives and keep them sharp WITHOUT removing metal. No other knife sharpener comes close to the speed or performance of this breakthrough sharpener. Takes just seconds to keep all your knives razor sharp – straight or serrated.
- PROPRIETARY AUSTRIAN TUNGSTEN CARBIDE SHARPENERS AUTO-ADJUST TO BLADE ANGLE (12-20 DEG). Forget cheap grinding wheels or abrasives that leave scratches and can ruin high quality knives. This ultra-hard knife sharpener will cut a smooth factory bevel at the angle of your choice. One direction cuts a bevel, the other polishes and aligns the edge. Press lightly to cut a fine blade for slicing. Press harder for a sturdy chopping blade.
- DUAL-ACTION SHARPENERS KEEP KNIVES SHARP WITHOUT REMOVING METAL. Professionals use a chef’s steel to realign and maintain a sharp cutting edge, but this skill takes much practice. Get the same results even faster with these dual-action sharpeners. The smooth edge presses the knife edge into alignment at just the right angle. Works equally on straight and serrated blades to maintain sharpness.
- QUALITY MATERIALS FOR QUALITY RESULTS. Don’t confuse with other inferior grade tungsten carbide sharpeners. Our unique and proprietary sharpeners are sourced from a world-class manufacturer in Austria that makes cutting tools that tunnel through solid granite. No other material comes close in quality or performance.
- PERFECT FOR FISHING, HUNTING, CAMPING, RV OR KITCHEN. Knife sharpener quickly folds for storage in pocket, tackle box or backpack. High friction coating for easy and safe grip. Sturdy ring for attaching to lanyard or belt. Use on a flat surface or handheld. Perfect for fishing, hunting or the kitchen – any place a sharp knife is needed. 100% satisfaction guaranteed!