Ergo Chef’s Pro-Series 2-Piece Carving Set includes the Pro-Series Fork and the Pro-Series 9-Inch Carving Knife. The fork has tapered, rectangular prongs that come to a point to easily pick up and serve all types of meat. It is made of a solid piece of high-carbon stainless steel for strength and durability. The Carving Knife features hollow grounds for slicing large roasts easily. Blade made of precision forged German high carbon steel (x50crmov15). The ergonomic handles allow for a comfortable grip and provide a well-balanced feel. Made of seamless molded Pom, handles are durable and they help control bacteria. Hand wash recommended. By Ergo Chef. The Ergo Chef line of knives is the brainchild of a Johnson and Wales trained chef. The chef was sidelined with painful tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome and was desperate to find knives and tools that would eliminate hand and wrist pain. The chef turned inventor enlisted the help of his engineer brother. They worked with designers at the family machining company to examine how a conventional knife fits in a chef’s hand, the movement of the chef’s wrist and hand during chopping and the angle at which the knife hits the cutting board. The innovative design that was eventually developed took stress off the wrist and hand. After only a few weeks the chef’s tendonitis disappeared. Countless prototypes were sent to professional chefs, students and culinary professors across the country. The enthusiastic and positive response gave birth to the Ergo Chef brand.
- 2-Piece carving set; perfect for slicing and serving all types of meat
- Blade made of precision forged German high carbon steel (x50crmov15) with 18 degree cutting edge
- Streamline bolsters and full tangs for strength and perfect balance
- Ergonomic handles allows for comfortable grip and provides a well-balanced feel
- Seamless molded Pom handles; durable and helps to control bacteria; hand wash recommended